I want to be healthy.
I want to play with my kids.
I want to live to see my grandkids.
I want to share my wealth of knowledge with the world.
I want to inspire others.
Crap like that.
I have those reasons too. But for some reason, in my head - they're these vague, distant aspirations that don't fully seem real. They're not tangible for me. Most of my reasons to lose weight it's, well, - shallow.
1. I want to be the Pirate Slut at a Halloween party. And look good doing it.
|oh yeah, baby.|
2. If I don't come up with a decent "after" picture pretty soon, I'm going to look like an Internet idiot.
|Wait, that can't be right....|
3. I want to wear my thigh high boots again.
4. I want to wear just my thigh high boots again. (wink wink)
|Yup. Like that.|
5. I want to have some frickin' awesome 'how I did this" health advice that everyone comes to my blog to see.
6. Because I don't want to end up on one of these:
6. I want to be the girl that did it. That actually lost all that weight, all 160 pounds of it.
7. I want to be on the cover of magazines and on talk shows. I want even Oprah or Dr. Phil to be all like "Way to go, girl!".
|It's up to YOU.|
Ok, maybe that last one is going a bit too far. But that's my motivation list. I want so badly to cram my homemade apple crisp into my mouth by the literal handful, but I can't because I want that after picture. I need that after picture.
I want to be cool too.