If you're bored - click here. I do.

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Never Ending Week


That sums up my week. Things have been so crazy insane, it's....well, insane.

Things started a few weeks ago, my brother had some pain. He has loads of kidney stones just waiting to be popped out, so we knew what the problem was. We still went to the emergency room for some pain medication for him. It took him the whole weekend, - and then some - to pass it. Not fun.

Things were ok that week. Until last Sunday. The whole family went to the pumpkin farm, a yearly tradition. Had a great day, went thru the corn maze, had a hayride, bought some candy apples. We went home and I took a small big nap. So, as soon as I think I'm going to have a nice relaxing night - my sister Lissa calls, she's in a lot of pain and needs to go to the ER.

Since it was late, and we knew we'd be there a long time, her husband stayed home with the kids, and I went with her. Sure enough, about 6 hours later we found out she had some ovarian cysts. We went home, and I passed out at about 5am. Since I had to watch me niece, Rosie, that Monday - my hubby promised to get my son on the bus at 8am so I could get some sleep. At 9:30 - he wakes me up and tells my my sister, Britta is here. I was a little surprised, because she wasn't supposed to be there until 10:30. She tells me she's having pain and she needs to go to the ER. So....off we go, and my hubby watched my niece.

And, once again - 6 hours later, we find out that this sister, too - has ovarian cysts. Pain meds, get rest, blah, blah, blah, and we go home. I take another nap and try and relax.

And then I wake up Tuesday morning with a migraine. Not a little one, a nice big 'you must stay in bad all day with an ice pack on your head' kind of migraine. Not fun. So - that was Tuesday.

Wednesday night, my sister, Lissa, calls me again and says she's having breathing problems and stomach problems. She ends up calling 911 and they take her by ambulance to the ER. Guess who follows? C'mon, one guess? Ok, it was me. We're there another 7 hours before they decide nothing is wrong with her, except maybe some indigestion problems. Maalox, Pepto Bismol, get some rest, blah, blah, blah, and we go home.

Thursday - I settle down, looking forward to an evening of World of Warcraft, and some snacks. Nope, not to be. My sister Lissa calls me, tells me my mom has a really big migraine and needs to go to the ER. So....another trip to the ER for me. I'm beginning to think the universe hates me. We're there 8 hours - I kid you not. They give her pain meds, strong drugs and it takes away her migraine. Cat scan is good, so - yup, you guessed it - we go home. Again, I'm supposed to watch my niece Rosie at 10:30am, and I didn't get to sleep until 7 am. My husband decides to watch the girl so I can sleep.

So, I sleep till 2pm. I needed it. I finish watching Rosie and try to relax. Then my sister Lissa calls, ends up calling 911 again and going to the ER. She broke out in this really bad rash, and had breathing problems. Thankfully it was a short trip this time and we found that she was having really severe anxiety attacks. They gave her a Valium and she was konked out by the time we got home.

Because I had no time to relax all week, I decided to stay up really late and play some games. So I stay up until 5 am and sleep late. I wake up at about 9 with another migraine. Which sucks, because Saturday was my best friends 40th birthday party. I try to sleep and my hubby wakes me up with a phone call from my mother, she was concerned about Lissa. I was ticked b/c I was tired of family emergencies and had a migraine. I finally got some sleep, got rid of the majority of the headache and went to the party. The headache didn't go away until 11pm that night. It was a really long day.

Then Sunday I get to sleep in, relax and play my game. And Lissa went to the ER again. Then Luke wakes up Monday morning passing a kidney stone. And though I didn't go to the ER for these things, it's still a little nerve wracking.

In conclusion - I have had a BUSY few weeks. Let's cross our fingers for a better one.

1 comment:

  1. what a life you lead!!! wouldn't want yours for the world. it's a good thing though that they all have you. see you haven't been able to stick to your tuesday blog plan LOL - love ya lots <3<3<3


Be nice. Or I will find you and sic my pet zombie on you.