If you're bored - click here. I do.

Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Zombie Stuff Tribute

I love Zombies. I have this weird fascination with all things Zombie. So, because it's soon Halloween and an appropriate time for it, I thought I'd list my fave Zombie Stuff.

Why Zombies? I don't know. I have this fascination with the world ending and everyone having to survive. I mean, what would it be like to have to grab a bag and run? Travelling from place to place, finding the other survivors. I guess I'm more of a survivalist enthusiast more then anything, but I still like my Zombies.

So, Zombie things I like -

Zombie Book:


Eh, some people like Max Brooks. He wrote the Zombie Survival Guide, and World War Z. it's more of a diary style type writing, and I'm not a huge fan of that. I was in Barnes &Noble and found a highly amusing zombie book, written by Jesse Petersen. Totally awesome, I loved it. it's hard to find a good zombie book. They're all usually depressing, or over written. This was neither. Witty, funny, awesome story. Which I hear is going to be a series. Woot!

Zombie Comic:

This thing gets it's own spot because, technically - it's not a book. It's a comic. I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel Zombies. I don't don't like to think of Wolverine as a zombie. Especially since I named my son after Wolverine, so maybe there's some negative connotations there. Anyway, I've read the black and white graphic novel versions, up to number 12. They're awesome. The perfect depiction of life after Zombies. I love that it's a series, so I can follow these people. Personally, I hope they don't get to reconstructed and fortified, because I love me a good zombie scare and chase. Which brings me to my next selection,

Zombie TV:

All I have to say is, it's about time they put Zombies on TV. I mean, it's nice to have a movie about them - how it happened, the outbreak, the survivors, the rescue. But what happens after the rescue? How do they continue to survive? I want to know -- and hopefully this series lives up to it's expectations and delivers a solid continuing zombie storyline. Unfortunately, I no longer have cable, so I can't make this a big Halloween Night Event, like me and my family wanted. I am very upset about that, but I'm broke. So - here's to hoping they post it online. I'm sure I can find crappy copies on you tube for a few days if I absolutely have to.

Zombie Game:

This one was hard, but I've managed to pick one. I like the Dead Rising series, absolutely love the Left 4 Dead games - but if I have to pick one, I'm picking the original Resident Evil. There was nothing so freaky (back in the day...) than opening the doors in the mansion not know what was behind it. I was truly disappointed that the first Resident Evil movie wasn't IN the mansion. I loved that game. It was creepy - anyone remember that loooong creepy hallway with all the pictures on the walls, and dead leaves on the ground? That was back in the day when games were about gaming, not graphics.

Zombie Movie:

Again, a hard choice. But when it comes right down to it, I seem to gravitate more towards the modern zombie. An escape is an escape only if something is chasing you. It's hard to be scared of slow zombies groaning "blargh" while you skip and dodge around them. Maybe it's just my generation. Anyway, I absolutely adore 28 Days Later. What a movie. The waking up alone, walking the deserted streets of London in hospital scrubs...epic. I love the whole plot, the story, the degeneration of humanity...love it all. Hmm...possibly a good Halloween substitute, since I have no cable......



I have to throw in a second favorite, only because I've seen it at least 5 times since it came out. Me and my husband watch it all the time. Zombieland. This movie fits more in the zom-rom-com genre than anything else, but it still gets my 2 thumbs up. Or more. I mean. Bill Murray, zombie rules, Woody Harrelson with guns, zombie kill of the week? Come on! Fantastic stuff!!! It even trumped Shaun of The Dead - if only by the slightest margin.

So, there you have it. My favorite Zombie things. For some fun, I'm leaving this most hilarious little video for you to watch. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. had no idea u liked zombies - not something i'd care to get in to though the clip you posted was funny - just don't like scary movies - i'm too much of a softie LOL - well it's now the middle of november - where's the tuesday postings??????????? LMFAO - you always make me laugh with your postings - you and nathan are so much alike in personalities - is it the month you were born in? or maybe you both just got the good genes. love ya much.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Or I will find you and sic my pet zombie on you.